Boulder Criminal Defense Attorney
Understanding Criminal Law in Colorado
The Sixth Amendment of the United States Constitution provides that all criminal defendants, regardless of the seriousness of the charges against them, are entitled to legal counsel. At Barre M. Sakol, P.C., we strive to provide all of our clients with the highest quality legal representation possible, both in and out of the courtroom. Our Boulder criminal defense lawyer understands that facing criminal charges, no matter the alleged offense is an incredibly stressful and frightening experience.
Whether you have been accused of any of the following offenses we take the time to understand your unique situation and work towards your specific goals:
- Domestic violence
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Driving while the ability is impaired (DWAI)
Our firm handles a wide variety of misdemeanor and felony charges, and our dedicated Boulder criminal defense lawyer has more than 40 years of legal experience. We are prepared to fight for your rights, your freedom, and your future.
If a loved one has been charged with a crime, call Barre M. Sakol, P.C. at (720) 999-9506 to schedule a free consultation with our Boulder criminal defense attorney in Colorado.
Types of Criminal Defense Cases
With every case he takes on, Boulder criminal lawyer Barre Sakol determines his clients' primary concerns and does everything he can to address those concerns. He recognizes that each case has unique factors and that every client will have different priorities. He spends as much time as necessary in making sure that each and every client understands all aspects of his or her case, molding his representation to suit each client's individual needs.
Our firm routinely assists clients with all aspect of their criminal defense, including:
- Conducting an initial consultation free of charge
- Working to understand your unique goals
- Thoroughly analyzing the details of your situation
- Carrying out in-depth legal investigations
- Interviewing witnesses and other relevant parties
- Working with local experts to evaluate various factors
- Building a strong defense on your behalf
- Conducting pre-trial preparation
- Providing reliable representation in court
Whenever possible, Attorney Sakol works to negotiate the best possible resolution to a client's case. If a proposed disposition is not satisfactory to the client, he is well-equipped and fully prepared to take your case to trial, aggressively advocating for your rights every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do I Need a Boulder Criminal Defense Attorney?
What Are Common Types of Criminal Defense Cases?
- Domestic Violence: In Colorado, domestic violence charges are enhancements attached to crimes against a current or former partner or spouse.
- Drug Crimes: Possession of controlled substances, illegal drugs, and unprescribed prescription medications.
- DUI/DWAI: Driving a vehicle while intoxicated with drugs or alcohol is a crime in Colorado.
- Felonies & Misdemeanors: Crimes are distinguished by their seriousness and the severity of the corresponding consequences. Misdemeanors are less serious than felonies. Misdemeanors carry up to 24 months in jail, and a felony can carry between a year to life in prison, depending on the crime.
- Violating Protection Orders: Failing to adhere to the regulations of a lawfully executed restraining order is a crime.
What is the Criminal Court Process?
What is the Difference Between a Dismissal and an Expungement?
Will my Case go to Trial? While it’s impossible to generalize all criminal cases, it is important to remember that every case is different. How a case will proceed depends on the defendant and their record. While many cases never make it to trial, whether a case is handled with a plea depends on the district attorney.
How Long Does a Trial Typically Take?
How Does Bail Work?
A Boulder Criminal Defense Attorney with Honesty, Integrity & Compassion
At Barre M. Sakol, P.C., we are small enough that you matter and experienced enough to persistently fight for you throughout the entire legal process. Regardless of the nature of the charges you are facing, our Boulder, Colorado criminal defense attorney is committed to offering you the honest, fair legal services you deserve and the compassion you need. He strives to make the experience as minimally disruptive to your everyday life as possible, responding quickly to your phone calls, providing in-depth answers to your questions, and helping you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Reach out today—call (720) 999-9506 to speak with a criminal defense lawyer in Boulder about your case.
Helping People Move ForwardHear What Our Clients Are Saying
"He is always available, and very focused on his client and his/her case. "Paul G.
"It was a trying time and having Barre on my side was was the best decision I made."Stephanie F.
"While I wish I had never had to meet Barre, I'm glad that I retained his services. "Alan G.
" have recommended many of my friends to Barre, and they have all been satisfied with him."Former Client
"He is always available, and very focused on his client and his/her case. Highly recommended!"Former Client
Over 40 Years of Experience
Proven Track Record of Success
Highly Respected in the Legal Community
One-on-One Personalized Approach