Meet the Founder- Barre M. Sakol
Put 40+ Years of Experience On Your Side
Barre was born and raised in Morton Grove, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. After completing law school in 1975, Barre was hired by the reputable firm of Dawson, Nagel, Sherman & Howard and was transferred to Denver in 1976.
He then moved to Boulder and clerked for the Honorable William Neighbors. The invaluable experience with Judge Neighbors led to an associate position in the law office of E. Gregory Martin, P.C. After a couple of years as an associate in the firm, Barre went into private practice. Shortly thereafter, he formed the firm Thorburn & Sakol, which later became Thorburn, Sakol & Throne. When that firm disbanded, he started the Law Office of Barre M. Sakol, P.C.
Barre has earned an AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® for legal ability and ethical standards and has maintained that prestigious rating for over 24 years. This is a rating that is based on the reviews of his peers—judges and fellow attorneys. Barre handles a wide range of criminal defense and family law matters, focusing especially on divorce, DUI/DWAI, and felonies and misdemeanors.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting- University of Illinois
- Order of the Coif- University of Illinois, College of Law- 1975
- Colorado Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Boulder County Bar (member)
- Colorado Bar (member)
- American Bar Associations (member)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
Ready to Protect Your Future? Contact us online or call (720) 999-9506.